Pure Life MassageBaby Massage 1-2-1 Workshop
Baby Massage 1-2-1 Workshop
Baby Massage 1-2-1 Workshops can take place at Hamworthy Osteopathic Clinic or in the comfort of your own home.
Learn to massage your baby: a natural way to relaxed, happy babies and families! Baby Massage brings many wonderful long and short term benefits to babies and their parents/ guardians.
Within your 60-minute workshop we will teach you a short Baby Massage routine, along with the overall benefits of Baby Massage, how to prepare for giving your baby a massage and the benefits of each massage technique.
A step-by-step guide to Baby Massage for you to follow at home will be provided, along with other supplementary handouts. Grapeseed oil, which is light and nourishing for the skin and contains Vitamin E, will also be provided.
The benefits of Baby Massage for your baby:
- Relieves the discomfort of colic and digestive problems
- Reduces anxiety and increases the bonding between parents and baby
- Reduces any physical, mental or emotional stress experienced by your baby after a traumatic birth
- Aids deep relaxation and improves your baby’s sleeping patterns
- Improves your baby’s immune, respiratory and nervous systems
- Enhances physical development and body awareness
- Helps develop muscle tone, improve skin condition and increase joint flexibility
- Improves blood circulation and waste removal
The benefits of Baby Massage for parents:
- Increases confidence and competence in handling your baby
- Helps alleviate the symptoms of post-natal depression
- Provides skills to help parents calm your baby when he/she is distressed
- Gives parents quality bonding time with your baby (it is good if fathers become involved too)
- Allows parents and your baby to communicate better (eg. helps parents understand the difference in your baby’s cries)
- It is fun and relaxing
Baby Massage is suitable for babies from 8 weeks to crawling (or whenever they decide they’d prefer to go off exploring!).
Please note that a non-refundable 25% deposit is required to reserve your class online.
Online bookings are at Hamworthy Osteopathic Clinic only. To book a course at your home please contact us HERE.
Please note that for courses at home, we travel up to 10 miles return. We are happy to travel further although travel costs will be an additional cost.