Pure Life MassageCovid-19 Safe Practice Policy
Covid-19 Safe Practice Policy
Updated 9th April 2021
The Government confirmed that Massage businesses could return to work as of 12th April 2021 (Phase 2). My priority is to keep everyone as safe as possible and, as a ‘close contact service’, I need to adhere to strict guidelines. Consequently, there continue to be changes to my pre-Covid working practices. Please read through the changes, as set out in this document, before you attend your next appointment.
If I, or any of my household, feel ill or have symptoms of COVID-19, I will self-isolate immediately. This means that your appointment will be cancelled. I appreciate this may be inconvenient but will be done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled, I will re-book you again as soon as possible.
If you, or any of the people you live with, feel ill or display any symptoms of COVID-19 please advise me as soon as possible and cancel your appointment. You will not be charged for cancelled appointments due to illness.
No more than 24 hours prior to your appointment I will phone you to complete a COVID-19 Pre-Screening form, along with the usual consultation form. The COVID-19 Pre-Screening form will be completed electronically by me over the phone or you can complete the form (see below) and email it to email@example.com. You will be asked to sign your consultation form as usual when I see you before your treatment.
Please check your temperature on the morning of your massage. If it is higher than normal or you have any other symptoms, we will need to defer your treatment.
Payment is now due by BACs in advance of your treatment (after pre-screening). If you prefer to pay cash, please put the money in an unsealed envelope and give to me before your treatment.
YOUR HOME APPOINTMENT
To enable me to continue COVID-19 safe working practices please kindly respect the following:
- Ventilate the room before my arrival & preferably during my visit (if it is not too cold to do so). Please ensure you ventilate after I leave.
- I will text you to let you know I have arrived – please open and shut the door for me! This avoids the need for disinfecting your doorbell and door handles.
- I will greet you warmly but sadly there cannot be any handshakes or hugs.
- I will ask you to sanitise your hands before and after your treatment.
- Have a face mask or covering to wear while I am in your home and during your treatment (this is a mandatory requirement). You may remove your face mask when lying on your front.
- Ask other members of your household to remain in another room during my visit.
- I will not be able to play with any pets like normal.
- I will not be offering any facial massage for the foreseeable future.
- Laundry will be put in a sealed bag for washing after your treatment.
- The couch and surfaces I touch will be disinfected as part of my packing up routine.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
I will wear PPE during your appointment. This will include a mask, visor and possibly gloves. My uniform will be changed in between every client.
The laundering of couch covers, blankets, pillow cases and my uniform is a priority and will be washed at 60 degrees Celsius.
I have carried out a revised risk assessment and I am confident that I can continue to provide treatments safely. However, there may be restrictions and changes in accordance with Government and Federation of Holistic Therapists guidance.
If you have any concerns or questions about your treatment or about my COVID-19 Safe Practice, please let me know.
Please bear with me whilst I continue this new way of working. As always I will welcome any feedback you have.
I am very excited to be seeing you again soon, and meeting new clients. You will never understand how much I have missed massaging! Thank you all for your patience and support!
Michele Akester-Marsh MFHT
Owner/ Manager of Pure Life Therapy