Pure Life MassagePregnancy Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
Pregnancy Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
The back is a common place to feel muscle discomfort during pregnancy, particularly the lower back as your baby grows. Let us ease the tension with a 30 or 60 minute massage.
At some point during your pregnancy you may experience back ache. This is because your posture changes as your baby gains weight and as your breasts begin producing milk. You may find your joints ache due to the additional burden on them. As your pregnancy progresses hormones loosen your joints to prepare you for childbirth and this could also cause discomfort.
The benefits of a Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage during pregnancy include:
• Rest and relaxation to relieve fatigue and help maintain your energy levels
• Relaxation to ease morning sickness, which is often associated with stress and hormonal changes
• Reduction in headaches, which can be frequent during pregnancy due to hormonal changes, stress, hunger and fatigue
• Reduction in back aches through relaxation of tight muscles and improved circulation through the muscles
• Reduced blood pressure through relaxation
Massage on your back can be done with you sitting on a chair or fit ball, leaning over our massage couch, or with you laying on the couch in whatever position is most comfortable.
As part of your treatment you have the option of being shown some Kegel exercises to use at home to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. These exercises will help support your pelvic organs and prevent stress incontinence. If you are interested we will spend the first 10 minutes of your session doing these.
Please note that a non-refundable 25% deposit is required to reserve your massage online.